The Education NKRA identified four strategic levers as the key pressure points to address quality of Primary and Secondary education:
- Transparency: to ensure better performance assessment of schools and students
- Incentives: to encourage better perfomance from teachers and students
- Support: for continuous development of both teachers and students
- Teachers conditions: to improve teaching conditions within Tanzania
Education NKRA aims to achieve the following topline Key Performance Indicators by 2015/16:
- Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) pass rates of 60% (2013), 70% (2014) and >80% (2015)
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) pass rates of 60% (2013), 70% (2014) and >80% (2015)
Nine initiatives under these strategic levers aim to address the general decline in pass rates over the past years. Meanwhile, it will also put the Tanzania education framework on stronger footing to support further developments, including other initiatives to further increase the level of student achievement within the country.
This NKRA is led by the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Vocational Training.